Careers: Trade Marketeer
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
An opportunity to make a significant impact in an exciting start-up environment developing one of the world’s best loved brands since its relaunch in September 2017.
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
Execute the global marketing plan:
Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, this role will support in development of strategy and lead the implementation of the European trade marketing plan that reflects the company’s strategic vision and marketing objectives. You will be responsible to expertly execute trade marketing opportunities both in store and online. You will work closely with the Key Account managers as well as the global team in Amsterdam.
Support European Trade Marketing programs and activations:
Using the European marketing plan as a base and working closely with the key account team, you will execute trade marketing plans and activations that will drive sell-through and build the brand presence with each wholesale account - including key accounts and premium lifestyle retailers.
- Will act as a key contact for internal and external teams in the execution, and communication of marketing materials to support all strategic wholesale marketing needs.
- Responsibilities will include managing and executing trade shows, briefing in and executing POS displays as needed, creating merchandising guidelines, working with agencies to execute training modules, preparing clear project kick off briefs, tracking and sharing best practices, providing competitive insights with the regional and global team, and preparing presentation decks/toolkits to support strategic planning and retailer presentations.
- Role requires great attention to detail and a hands-on attitude to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and executed flawlessly. Will also assist in other marketing related projects as needed.
- Travel in-market (10%)
The ideal candidate
- At least 3-5 years of marketing, trade marketing and/or brand management experience; with proven record to execute project deliverables in a demanding business environment
- Experience working and managing production vendors and timelines
- Strong experience in managing in-store executions, trade shows and consumer-facing events
- Strong analytical skills, measuring ROI of marketing programs and initiatives using quantitative data to determine results to guide input for future strategies
- Experience in working with local agencies to ensure marketing programs are optimized to incorporate local knowledge
- Works independently when necessary, naturally collaborates to deliver results
- Strong in MS Office – particularly in PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suit, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Mac proficient
- Ability to apply innovative thought and learnings in an actionable, pragmatic manner
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external groups
- Experience in lifestyle/fashion brands and contemporary culture a plus
- Relationships with the markets, consumers, and retailers also advantageous
- Self-starter with high energy, passionate and driven to excel
- Results-driven, flexible and determined, with a strong and disciplined work ethic
- Disciplined in execution with outstanding attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Extremely organized – has experience with tracking projects, timelines and budgets
- Ability to seek-out, develop and nurture strong partnerships and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Brings a good spirit to the broader team and brings fun to the workplace; shares wins and successes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Hands-on; must have the ability to roll-up sleeves and get into the details
What to expect
This is a full time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You’ll be reporting directly to the Marketing Manager EU and working closely across the whole team.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Robin Vernon at email@example.com.