Careers: Senior UX/UI Designer
Senior UX/UI Designer
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
We’re looking for an accomplished digital designer with at least 5 years’ experience in consumer-focused UX/UI design. Balancing analytical acumen, creative intuition, and a command of industry best practices, you’ll work closely with our development and creative team members to delight our users with an exceptional online shopping experience that’s at once bold, playful, modern, and frictionless.
You’ll be responsible for driving UX/UI optimizations in support of significant brand growth and acquisition goals, so we’re looking for a confident, forward-thinking, and energetic self-starter. You should be passionate about UX/UI design and approach problem-solving with a user-first approach. The ideal candidate is as comfortable considering the psychology of consumer behavior as they are with typography, composition, and the use of color. Very strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Produce a variety of user-centric designs for new and existing features that solve for wide-ranging issues and optimization opportunities on our site and related digital touchpoints.
- Work cross-functionally to achieve company performance goals, primarily focused on site engagement and conversion rate optimization in support of sales.
- Collaboratively identify ongoing UX needs through a combination of data analysis, competitor analysis, user testing, industry heuristics, and an overarching brand/digital product strategy.
- Manage the design process from sketches to wireframes and prototypes, through to final implementation. Work closely with front-end developers and business stakeholders to ensure deliverables meet the project requirements.
- Continuously optimize through testing, analysis, KPI tracking, and design iteration.
- Develop and organize design principles and patterns that improve the overall customer experience, as well as internal workflows.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices. Identify and test innovative new methods of improving our site’s user experience.
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years’ UX/UI experience with consumer brands. E-commerce strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant digital design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision. Experience managing user testing processes, and/or working with an A/B testing/conversion rate optimization platform like VWO a plus.
- Design proficiency across various devices, including a strong grasp of mobile-first design principles and responsive web design.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and solve problems autonomously.
- Comfortable working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies.
- Flexible, agile, strategic thinker. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and easily adapts to change as needed.
- A passion for Polaroid instant photography and experience using our products a big plus!
What to expect
This is a fulltime (office based) job, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. You will report to the Head of E-Commerce.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Els Rijpstra and Jose Tjonk (HR) via firstname.lastname@example.org.