Careers: Global PR Manager
Global Communications Team
Global PR Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid, the most recognised name in instant photography. Since September 2017 Polaroid Originals have been selling the OneStep 2 instant camera, enabling everyone to take part in the next era of analog instant photography. Polaroid Originals is looking for an experienced Global PR Manager to develop our public relations strategies, campaigns and initiatives to maintain the Polaroid Originals image.
This is a full-time position based in Amsterdam.
- Design the integrated PR strategy for the business. Drive, oversee or connect to all global and local PR activities.
- Coordinate local agencies across projects and activities for the comms team: agency briefing process and development of Strategy and outreach programmes.
- Act as a thought-leader in the arena of PR to help guide the field, working closely with cross-marketing teams to develop stand-out, seamlessly integrated communication and PR concepts.
- Work with Brand Marketing and Product teams to deliver results-oriented strategies and programs that increase consumer and trade awareness of brand messaging, campaigns, products, technologies, innovations and events.
- Establish key relationships with media and global partnerships and create an advocate network within the category landscape.
- Provide relevant media outlets with innovative cross-channel PR strategies, compelling story ideas, clear messaging and exciting tools (e.g. photography, press kits, releases, interviews and briefing documents).
- Steer the development of PR tools from concept to activation, ensuring that all projects are on time, within budget and on brief.
- Proactive member of the Brand Marketing and wider PR team, contributing to the alignment, integration and media relevancy of activations, products and concepts. Contribute to the global consistency of the overall brand media message.
- Organise media events (press conferences, interview sessions, media days) celebrating Polaroid Originals products and campaigns.
- Contribute to product and communications teams to improve media relevancy and newsworthiness to products and concepts.
- Track the implementation and results of global PR activations and tools, developing summary and conclusion reports.
The ideal candidate
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and level of strategic thinking.
- Experience in marketing campaign development and execution.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: product marketing, communications, social, digital and retail.
- Basic understanding of consumer messaging and brand reputation.
- Affinity with cross-channel PR and background in strategy, media relations, journalism/writing and digital PR / social media.
- Strong understanding of and passion for the Tech and or fashion/lifestyle industry.
- Strong written and verbal, presentation and organisational skills.
What to expect
This is a fulltime job, based in Amsterdam, available as soon as possible. You’ll be reporting directly to the Global Head of Communications.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and cover letter and any other relevant information to support your application to email@example.com .
Please do not apply without the relevant experience.